The Shops at Nanuet will be celebrating its grand opening from Oct. 10 to Oct. 13.
The new shopping center will feature 50 stores along with junior anchors, Fairway Market, Regal Cinemas and 24-Hour Fitness. Almost half are new-to-market retailers, including Coach, lululemon athletica, Michael Kors, J. Crew, Vera Bradley, J. Jill, Sur La Table, Jos. A. Bank, Brighton Collectibles, Soma Intimates, Lovesac, LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics and more, according to Simon Property Group. The company owns the site, except for the two anchor stores, Macy’s and Sears.
Here’s the details of the grand opening events released by Simon Property.
Oct. 10 (open from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
- Complimentary health screenings, courtesy of Nyack Hospital.
- “Evening of Style” by The Limited, featuring The Limited’s Head of Design Elliot Staples. A chance to win an apparel makeover.
Oct. 11: (open from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
- Macy’s Black Tie Affair: All day and night, visitors are invited to shop while enjoying complimentary hors d’oeuvres along with personal stylists and professional makeup artists available for consultation. Special gifts and giveaways will be offered, and coffee demonstrations by Keurig. A live DJ will be part of the mix.
- CrossFit workout with Drew Davies from Rebel Fitness. Check out the latest in lululemon athletic wear.
- WHUD-FM 100.7 radio personality Kasey will host an event, including giveaways and a chance to win a $1,000 Simon Giftcard.
- A Gap Style Event+Fashion+Food+Drink+Music+You.
Oct. 12 (open from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
- The then-and-now handprint ceremony, commemorating the 1969 preserved handprint monument created at the original opening of Nanuet Mall.
- The Rockland Reading Council will recite beloved children’s books.
- Clifford the Big Red Dog and Curious George will come out and play with children.
Oct. 13 (open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Fairway Market’s food for thought and stomach event. Steve Jenkins, cheese monger and specialty food maven; Josh Wesson, master sommelier; and Peter Romano, produce expert; will offer a series of food talks. The Fairway team will offer recipes and tastings for culinary enjoyment.
- Workout with 24 Hour Fitness: A group exercise class will be offered by team members from 24 Hour Fitness. Enter to win a 24-day membership with five personal training sessions and learn more about the 45,000-square-foot gym’s upcoming December opening.
- Sunset Yoga by lululemon athletic wear with Jaime Dickow from Jaime Surya Yoga.