OK video creators – you have until March 28 to submit an original video to Rockland Community College for its fifth annual video festival.
The festival will be held at 7 p.m. May 4 in the Cultural Arts Theater at RCC, 145 College Road in Ramapo.
All Rockland County high school students are eligible to participate, in addition to RCC alumni and current Rockland Community College students.
Here are some details from RCC:
See the specific criteria for each category at www.sunyrockland.edu/about/departments/multi-media-production-center/festival
To view highlights from last year’s event: http://vimeo.com/11191441
For more information, call Janice Goldstein, director of the Multi-Media Production Center at 845-574-4429.
Here are the rules:
- You must be an RCC student, RCC Alumni or a Rockland County High School Student to join the competition
- No Plagiarism
- Keep it clean – no profanity, vulgarity and/or pornography
- No gratuitous violence – No violence for violence sake. Any violence in a production must be an integral part of the story.
- Originality – Do not submit a re-edited version of a commercial video that you did not shoot. Generally, your video should be your work.
- Deadline – All entries must be received by the Multi-Media Production Center by 4:30 PM on March 28, 2012. This is definitely a hard deadline… late entries will not be accepted!
- Entries – Entries can be submitted CD, or DVD. One entry per category for RCC Student. All entries will be returned after the festival.
- Miscellaneous – One winner per category. You must keep within the time length. Entries exceeding the time limitations will be disqualified.